Wilson's Estate Jewelry
Vintage Citrine Garnet Multi-Gem 18 Karat Gold Sputnik Satellite Charm
- Charm designed as a hollow gold sphere with tube settings protruding throughout
- Bezel set with aquamarine, amethyst, tourmaline, citrine, garnet, and others
- Completed by a jump ring bale
- Circa 1970
- Tested as 18 karat gold
- Measures: 10.6 x 14.5 mm (including bale)
- Total weight: 1.4 grams
- Inquisitive. Space-Age. Exploration.
The Sputnik 1 satellite was launched in 1957 by the Soviet Union, remaining in a low Earth orbit until its incineration. The satellite was designed as a highly polished metal sphere with four long antennas sticking straight out. This unique form inspired many artists to create futuristic, space, and science themed jewelry throughout the 1960's and 1970's.
Stock Number: We-3906