Wilson's Estate Jewelry
Antique Victorian 14 Karat Gold Copper Shakudō Ocean Ship Ring
- Featuring a bezel set, patinated copper shakudō depicting a vessel at sea
- Framed by twisted gold rope chain detail
- Mount tested as 14 karat gold
- Circa 1880's
- Ring Size: 7 & Sizable
- Top Measures: 28.5 mm and sits 6.1 mm high
- Total Weight: 17.2 grams
- Artistic. Handsome. Significant.
Shakudō is the Japanese art of patinaed copper plate set in gold depicting a story captured in metal. Pieces became popular and collected with fascination throughout Europe in the mid-nineteenth century. Shakudō has been used on large decorative works like vases but here we see the striking technique used masterfully for jewelry.
Stock Number: We-2736