Wilson's Estate Jewelry
Gillot & Co. 3.21 CTW Old European Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring GIA
- Centering an old European cut diamond weighing 3.21 carats, I color and VVS1 clarity
- Cathedral style ring with stylized basket setting and engraved profile and shoulders
- Fully signed Gillot & Co.
- Tested as platinum
- Ring Size: 8 & Sizable
- Top measures: 9.3 mm and sits 6.6 mm high
- Total weight: 4.2 grams
- Diamond Grading Report: 5201125337
- Ardent. Significant. Captivating.
Paul Gillot was a French jeweler who arrived in New York City in 1902 and joined Marcus & Brothers. The firm was renowned for its artistic jewelry and Paul's designs contributed significantly in retaining clientele. A well-known and vibrant performer, Sarah Bernhardt, as well as notable officials and other high society persona wore his creations. Throughout his career, exposure to and collaboration with other jewelers and artists provided him with a deep appreciation and knowledge of fine gems. Although his Parisian roots were humble, by the time of his death in 1949, he had amassed the largest known collection of colored diamonds in 110 different hues. He was considered the "King of Diamonds".
Stock Number: We-2787