Wilson's Estate Jewelry
1970's Large Sapphire Topaz Multi Gemstone 18 Karat Gold Sputnik Pendant
- Designed as a hollow polished gold sphere with bezel set gemstones throughout
- Including amethyst, citrine, tourmaline, topaz, sapphire, aquamarine and tanzanite
- Of varying cuts, shapes and colors
- Stamped 18K
- Diameter: Approx. 1 1/4 Inches
- Total Weight: 20.0 Grams
- Futuristic. Innovative. Iconic.
The Sputnik 1 satellite was launched in 1957 by the Soviet Union, remaining in a low Earth orbit until its incineration. Sputnik was designed as a highly polished metal sphere with four long antennas sticking straight out. This unique form inspired many artists to create futuristic, space, and science themed jewelry.
Stock Number: We- 3186